[asterisk-users] looking for help / input with Blind transfer from asterisk to zap

Paul Belanger pabelanger at gmail.com
Tue Jun 17 10:15:21 CDT 2008

List,

Having a little trouble with the following.  Let me prefix by saying I
have blind transfers working from the following setup.

Inbound call [from-zap] (SIP/sv0071iv) answers.
Zaptel -> Asterisk -> SIP extension

SIP extension then blind transfers [from-sip]
---
SIP extension -> Asterisk -> Zaptel

During this whole process, the original channel off the trunk
(lineside T1) is used for the blind transfer (hookflash)

---
[from-sip]
exten => _NXXX,1,Flash()
exten => _NXXX,n,SendDTMF(${EXTEN})
exten => _NXXX,n,Hangup()

[from-zap]
exten => s,1,Dial(SIP/sv0071iv)
exten => s,n,Dial(SIP/sv0072iv)
exten => s,n,Goto(AA,s,1)

[AA]
exten => s,1,Wait(.5)
exten => s,n,Background(vm-whichbox)
exten => s,n,WaitExten

exten => _5XXX,1,Playback(transfer)
exten => _5XXX,n,Flash()
exten => _5XXX,n,SendDTMF(${EXTEN})
exten => _5XXX,n,Hangup()
---

Now, for whatever reason if sv0071iv, and sv0072iv fail to qualify),
asterisk will play a simple menu choice asking which extension they
want to transfer too (Mind the Background message, this part is not
finished).

Zaptel -> Asterisk -> Blind Transfer Zaptel (hookflash)

The problem is, I'm having trouble getting asterisk to do the blind
transfer.  As you see, I'm using the same logic to hookflash over,
send DTMF and hand up.

Any I missing something?

Thanks again,
PB