[asterisk-users] Weird one way Audio situation

Raúl Gómez C. nachogomez at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 19:20:00 CDT 2008

I've been playing around in order to find something new and I've found this:

I have created an IVR for test purposes, then I've placed a call from my sip
phone using one of my telco lines to another of my telco lines attached to
the PBX, in this situation I'm using two FXO channels, one for the outgoing
call and another for the incoming call.

Then I have created an extension in this IVR in order to make an echo test
and I've used MixMonitor() to record the audio of the test. When I dial this
extension I never can hear my echoed voice, but when I listen to the
recording the audio have a lot of artifacts and the busy and dial tone are
almost inaudible, the same effect that happens when you play to almost
identical audio files, so I can presume that it is the same audio wave but
out of phase (meaning the echo is working, I think).

I don't know if this can be happening because of the Hardware Echo Canceler
on my Remora A400D.

If I call the extension of the echo test directly from my SIP phone without
using any telco line (SIP <--> IP <--> Asterisk) then the test works just
fine.

Another test I've made is, during a call with the one way audio problem, I
have used the ZapBarge() application to hear what's happening on the Zap
Channel (from another SIP phone on my network). In this case I heard the
callee complaining that he/she can't hear anything and I can't hear the
caller (which is on the same network of my phone). In this case the caller
can hear the callee.

I have grabbed the sip debug messages of this call from the asterisk CLI and
is attached (compressed) to this email.

Well, thanks again for any comment/response...

--
Nacho
Linux Counter #156439