[asterisk-users] strange iax authentication behavior

John covici covici at ccs.covici.com
Fri Jun 13 16:43:14 CDT 2008

Hi.  I have a number of sections in my iax configurationwhich was
generated by freepbx like this:
[covici]
username=covici
type=friend
secret=<password>
host=dynamic
disallow=all
context=from-internal
allow=ulaw
[Carol 0326]
host=iax.binfone.com
username=3234740326
secret=<another password>
type=friend
context=from-pstn

Now with this configuration, if I receive a call over the trunk
covici, it complains that the host sending the call is trying to
authenticate as Carol 0326 .  If I change the second trunk to
type=peer it works, or if I put the covici trunk at the end it also
works -- anyone know why this is happening because of course the
config gets regenerated all the time and this should not work this
way.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

How do
you spend it?