[asterisk-users] Using Asterisk Only as Voice RecordingSolution.

Syed Nasruddin nasruddin at ncel.com.pk
Fri Jun 13 07:05:31 CDT 2008

Dear PaulH,

I have 5 PSTN Lines going into my legacy PBX. There is an active IVR
present on legacy PBX which the client wants to keep. So what I have to
do is:

1. Install 10 Port i.e 5-FXO/5-FXS card on asterisk machine.
2. Insert All those PSTN directly to my 5-Port FXO.
3. Take out 5-FXS Port lines and insert them into my legacy PBX.
4. Since as I mentioned previously that my client wants to keep its IVR
intact on its Legacy system so I will not be handling IVR in my Asterisk
Dialplan.
5. when the call arrives at asterisk....what should I do?? Should I
simply call Dial(FXS channel) or something else.

Kindly provide some info regarding Step 5.

Thanks

Syed Nasruddin