[asterisk-users] multiple CDRs for one call (multiple dial attempts during one call)

Sherwood McGowan sherwood.mcgowan at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 13:14:15 CDT 2008

Atis Lezdins wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 12, 2008 at 3:36 PM, Rizwan Hisham <rizwanhasham at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>> I have setup an asterisk system which:
>>
>> recieves incoming sip calls
>> ask the caller the number they want to dial, and then dial that number
>> after the caller is done talking and callee hangsup or even if the callee
>> does not answer the phone, the caller is asked for another number to dial.
>> And so on....untill the caller hangsup
>>
>> Everthing above is working fine. But i dont know how to manipulate the cdr
>> so that every outgoing call for he caller should be logged. I have looked
>> into ForkCDR but it seems like it can only be used for transfers.
>>
>> Any ideas how i can solve my multiple cdr problem?
>>

> ResetCDR(w)
>
> Regards,
> Atis

I'm not sure that would be a viable solution, the ResetCDR(w) app+option
is only going to write the cdr and then zero it out, but the next time
the write occurs wouldn't it just overwrite the existing record?

I believe that ForkCDR is the solution:

  ForkCDR

    Synopsis

Forks the Call Data Record

 ForkCDR()

Causes the Call Data Record to fork an additional cdr record starting
from the time of the fork call.

    Description

Fork The CDR into 2 separate entities.

--