[asterisk-users] Asterisk and XMPP (Jabber) : testing new application JabberReceive

Julian Lyndon-Smith asterisk at dotr.com
Thu Jun 12 08:01:05 CDT 2008

Philippe Sultan wrote:
> Friends,
>
> a new dialplan application is now available for testing :
> http://svn.digium.com/view/asterisk/team/phsultan/jabberreceive/

Sounds very cool.

See below for more comments:

> The corresponding feature request is located here :
> http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=12569
>
> What can you do with it? Well, a direct usage of this application is
> to make an easy to use GoogleTalk voice gateway out of Asterisk. Here
> is an example (assuming the asterisk-xmpp account is configured) :
> context gtalk-in {
>     s => {
>         NoOp(Caller id : ${CALLERID(all)});
>         Answer();
>         JabberSend(asterisk-xmpp,${CALLERID(name),Please enter the
> number you wish to call);
>         JabberReceive(${CALLERID(name)},NEWEXTEN);

How can you assume that the message you are waiting for is the right one
? Let's say that you have 10 channels each doing a JabberReceive at the
same time - how does the channel know how to get the right message, let
alone the right data ?

(2 channels may be waiting for a NewExten message, others for a
GetSomeDataFromSomeOtherPlace message )

Or am I missing something really obvious ?

Julian