[asterisk-users] aSTERISK / Vicidial systems over 4MB fiber

Alexander Lopez Alex.Lopez at OpSys.com
Wed Jun 11 21:33:59 CDT 2008

In the VERT least shut down un-needed services, use iptables to block
traffic to/from untrusted sources, and if at all possible hire a
consultant that can help you.

Alex

________________________________

From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Mark Adams
Sent: Wednesday, June 11, 2008 9:48 PM
To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
Subject: [asterisk-users] aSTERISK / Vicidial systems over 4MB fiber

Hello everyone,

As I am new to the asterisk community (although have been on the list
reading for about 6 months) I wanted to see what users would recommend
for security to protect several asterisk/ vicidial servers over a fiber
connection. Currently I have a managed switch (Tellabs 8813-310) from
time warner but I am having intrusion issues on my linux server which I
think are contributing to the asterisk process getting pegged at 100%
cpu usage and causing us to manually reboot.

(I know there are security issues as they have been additional users
created on my server and irc junk was put in the home folder)

Thanks in advance

Mark