[asterisk-users] 1.4.20.1 hang -- extra info + gdb hangs

Ex Vito ex.vitorino at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 12:05:00 CDT 2008

On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 12:33 PM, Steve Totaro
<stotaro at totarotechnologies.com> wrote:

> Try switching from IAX to SIP.

  Steve, thanks for your suggestion... As you may understand that is not an easy
  decision to take and implement: we're peering with about 20 other systems
  within a private network where routing/firewalls/QoS etc has been setup
  considering IAX -- it can be done, of course, but we already have better
  "suspects"... :-)

  After a brief discussion over at IRC, we are seriously suspecting either the
  TC400B or its driver, wctc4xxp (recall we're running latest asterisk+zaptel).

  In pursuing some stability and trying to "prove" that that is the
source, we've
  changed our g729 trunks to gsm and blacklisted wctc4xxp so as to ensure no
  TC400B is used at all. If this brings us back to a stable system we can almost
  say for certain that the issue is where we suspect it is: bad HW,
bad driver or,
  as a last resort, bad kernel... (again, fyi, latest centos 5.1)

  If things go as we expect, we'll then give asterisk-1.4-transcoder +
  zaptel-1.4-transcoder branches a run while re-enabling wctc4xxp + g729 over
  the IAX trunks -- hopefully  they'll allow the usage of the TC400B along with
  some stability -- also they'll provide feedback to the developers which is
  obviously useful in the short and long run (let's have it shorter,
shall we?) :)

  As always, we're open to suggestions and/or further questions.
  We'll keep posting our experience.

  Cheers,
--
 exvito