[asterisk-users] g729 open source codec and sample size

Andres andres at telesip.net
Tue Jun 10 18:42:30 CDT 2008

>[Jun 10 23:16:40] WARNING[2673]: codec_g729.c:420 load_module: Failed to
>initialize G.729 copy protection!

Even though unrelated to Solaris, I have seen this exact same error on
Linux when the License is invalid/outdated.  In our specific case we had
a very old box with a 2004 license.  We upgraded everything to 1.4.20
including the G729 binary.  When starting asterisk with the old license
it spit out the above error.  Deleting the old license and running the
latest register utility fixed the issue.

>codec_g729a.so => (Annex A/B (floating point) G.729 Codec (optimized for
>i386))

This line would seem to indicate the binary loads fine.  I would
concentrate on the License aspect.  Delete the license from the
directory and see if you get the same 'copy protection error'.  If not
it means the License location was correct but the file has a problem.

Andres
http://www.neuroredes.com