[asterisk-users] g729 open source codec and sample size

Jared Smith jsmith at digium.com
Tue Jun 10 15:59:52 CDT 2008

On Tue, 2008-06-10 at 20:10 +0100, Bruce McAlister wrote:
> I wish I could use $10/channel G729 codec from Digium, however, I've
> been trying to get that codec working on Solaris since v32 of that
> codec. The codec fails to load no matter what I do, and troubleshooting
> information from Digium (and the lists) is severly lacking.

I see that Jason Parker from Digium answered your question in both July
and August of last year.  The issue (at least from what I read in the
archives) seems to point to math libraries not being found in the proper
location.  Maybe there are some Solaris folks lurking on the list that
can shed some light -- I'm pretty worthless when it comes to Solaris.
Are you still trying on OpenSolaris, and is there anything different
about the way it handles dynamic linking?

> I do understand that it is unsupported, however, I wonder if the people who
> build the codec have successfully loaded the module within asterisk on
> Solaris themselves.

Absolutely!  No only have we successfully loaded the module within
Asterisk, we've made calls through the system using the g.729 codec to
make sure it's actually working.

--
Jared Smith
Training Manager