[asterisk-users] SayNumber while reading DTMF?

Douglas Garstang dougmig33 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 10 13:09:58 CDT 2008

Poo. Thanks Jared.

----- Original Message ----
From: Jared Smith <jsmith at digium.com>
Sent: Tuesday, June 10, 2008 10:24:46 AM
Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] SayNumber while reading DTMF?

On Tue, 2008-06-10 at 10:03 -0700, Douglas Garstang wrote:
> I'm using the SayNumber() app to read out a users balance for an IVR.
> Is there a way I can do that while waiting for DTMF input?
>
> Obviously, read() and Background() don't correctly say a number in
> number format.

I don't know of an easy way of doing this, short of writing a routing in
an AGI script to read numbers in the proper format.

I'd personally love to see SayDigitsBackground, SayNumberBackground,
SayAlphaBackground, etc. or even better, the ability to put numbers in
the filename parameters to the Read application, such as:

Read(some-variable,your-account-balance&is&%123%&dollars)

(Obviously I just chose the percent sign as an arbitrary delimiter
there, but you get the idea.)

--
Jared Smith
Training Manager