[asterisk-users] Fax on FXS

Eric "ManxPower" Wieling eric at fnords.org
Tue Jun 10 11:15:49 CDT 2008

IP can be run over many things.  Internet, Local LAN, Corporate WAN,
VPN, etc  Each of these things have different characteristics and so I
add them to the list.  FaxOverVoiceOverIPOverLAN is something that has a
good chance of working, as a LAN tends to have little latency and little
jitter, where FaxOverVoiceOverIPOverInternet has neither low latency nor
low jitter.  How would suggest I indicate "global internet" instead of
"IP on a local lan"?

Matt Watson wrote:
> Ah, you got me there!  Could start throwing in a lot of "Over"'s going down that road :)
>
> --
> Matt
> http://www.mattgwatson.ca

Consulting for Asterisk, Polycom, Sangoma, Digium, Cisco, LAN, WAN, QoS,
T-1, PRI, Frame Relay, Linux, and network design.  Based near
Birmingham, AL.  Now accepting clients worldwide.