[asterisk-users] Polycom SIP and DHCP problem

Lyndon Griffin lyndon-astuser at bsd4us.org
Tue Jun 10 09:40:26 CDT 2008

Jerry Jones wrote:
> Had the same issue a year or so ago - it related to a code version on
> the Polycoms. We wiped the flash and let them reload software I
> think. dont think we changed code but that took care of the issue.
> This was on one of our IP430 installs, never had it happen with 6xx
> series - yet.

Unfortunately, I've tried that...  I now have various BootROM versions
and multiple SIP versions - 1.6.x, 2.2.x, 3.0.0, 3.0.2c, on IP/301
IP/501 and IP/330 phones, all experiencing the same trouble.  I've also
now tried different ISC DHCPd versions, on different platforms, and have
also tried W2k3's DHCP service.

I will believe it's a code problem - I see that the phones are picking
up *some* of the attributes I pass in DHCP offers, like the domain
name.  Not only that, but I've sniffed a phone actually trying to ARP
the address the server DHCPOFFERED to it, before it decides to use a
192.168.0.x address.

Can you tell me exactly which versions you have working?