[asterisk-users] Camp / Callback feature in 1.4

Phil Knighton phil.knighton at mjog.com
Tue Jun 10 09:34:15 CDT 2008

Hello

I'm looking for a way to do the following using my Asterisk system and
Snom SIP phones...

Scenario:

Caller on Internal Phone 1 calls internal phone2.  Phone 2 is busy (or
more accurately goes straight to voicemail).
Caller on internal phone 1 can press a button / dial a code (explained
in next step) and hangup
When phone 2 is free, phone 1 rings and on answer dials phone 2

I was sure this was called "camping" - but all the camping stuff I can
find, refers to the caller having to hang on the phone and wait.  Am I
missing something?

Anyone have a solution?

Thanks in advance

Phil