[asterisk-users] meetme recording with security?

David Backeberg dbackeberg at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 08:17:07 CDT 2008

There's so such thing as privacy on a phone call, at least not in the
United States since warrantless wiretapping. Then expecting security
on a conference call, which by definition is open to many parties, is
silly.

Depending on your state (in the US), you may need to disclose when and
if you do record calls, but nobody can reasonably expect security if
they're using a public phone system in the US. You can tell the users
of a service that calls will not be recorded by the service provider,
but that's the only claim you can make in good faith.

And while you're speaking of MeetMe's ability to record or snoop,
don't forget ChanSpy(), and other features depending on if we're
talking SIP or Zaptel, etc.

-Dave