[asterisk-users] odd error compiling zaptel-1.4.10 - XPP

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Tue Jun 10 03:06:29 CDT 2008

On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 05:40:10PM +1000, Lee, John (Sydney) wrote:
> > http://bugs.digium.com/12426
> >
> > There's also a "fix" there that I don't fully understand (and I'm not
> > sure that that "fix" does not cause damage, so don't just apply it).
> >
> I am installing Zaptel 1.4.10.1 and I encountered the same problem.
> As Jerry said, compile problem goes away if I uncheck xpp in "make
> menuselect".
>
> By unchecking xpp, as long as I don't use Xorcom Astribank for USB
> channel bank, then there won't be a problem.  Is this correct?

If you look at that bug report, you'll see that the error message there
happens to be completely harmless to anybody without an Astribank (and
not even for all of those with Astribanks). So you can just ignore it.

While in menuselect, you can probably uncheck most of the modules to
save you compilation time. e.g: to get rid of the need to re-build
voicebus.o each time you run 'make' or 'make install'.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com