[asterisk-users] Asterisk : using setvar with IP Realtime and variable inheritance

Mike list at virtutel.ca
Mon Jun 9 20:01:53 CDT 2008

Hi,

I have what I think is a relatively advanced question.  Any help is
appreciated, even if it's not a complete answer.

I am using Asterisk in mostly realtime fashion, specifically SIP
registrations are in a MySQL table.  This works fine (mostly).  I also set a
few variables in the setvar column, like this:

callerid_internal=test <710>;did=5555551234

Again, this works fine. The problem is when I forward my calls to another
outside line (using Polyocm phones), and need to know the ${did} value at
that point.  It's empty.

In summary:

Call comes in to extension 710 (let's say)

This extension is forwarded to 5555557890

In my dial plan, when dialing 5555557890 I need to know the value of ${did},
but it's empty.

If I hardcode this value in my dialplan using two underscores before it (i.e
Setvar(__did=5555551234) ) this works.  But I can't hardcode it, I need to
fetch it from the table.

And yes, I did try to append underscores before the word "did" in my table,
but that didn't help.

ANY help is greatly appreciated, I am completely stuck.

Regards,

Mick