[asterisk-users] Interoffice phone setup

Michael Graves mgraves at mstvp.com
Mon Jun 9 17:55:32 CDT 2008

On Mon, 09 Jun 2008 16:51:32 -0600, Joseph L. Casale wrote:

>We had an outage from our ISP this afternoon that cut prevented us from connecting
>to our SIP provider (someone physically cut a line downstream). All our phones inside
>the office stopped working as well? Why is that, and how can I set this up so phones
>can still dial each other inside the office?
>
>Thanks!
>jlc

The exact question pose I must leave for others to answer.

However, I recently completed a project that overcomes the situation
you describe. I installed a cellular gateway giving me a wireless
trunk. If I lose IP connectivity I can route calls out through my cell
carrier. Works really well.

The project is documented here:

http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/content/view/30469/82/

Michael