[asterisk-users] fxotune question

Drew Gibson drew at oanda.com
Mon Jun 9 12:27:39 CDT 2008

Drew Gibson wrote:

> Thanks Tilghman,
>
> I will try flipping one of the lines at the weekend, can't touch it
> during the week.
>
> Our rxgain was raised from 0.0 to 2.0 at the end of February after
> complaints that CC staff couldn't hear customers but the 'static' issues
> pre-date that change.
>
> regards,
>
> Drew

Hi Tilghman,

I thought I had found something, all of the lines were patched in with
Cat 5 patch cords except Port 16 which had a telephone cable (which
would flip the polarity). After changing all the patch cables to
telephone type, I re-ran fxotune but the results were almost identical
to the original settings.

new fxotune.conf:-

13=7,255,251,251,2,255,255,1,255
14=9,254,251,255,2,0,1,0,0
15=6,1,254,253,0,255,0,0,0
16=5,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
17=9,254,251,255,2,0,1,0,0
18=9,254,251,255,2,0,1,0,0
19=9,254,251,255,2,0,1,0,0
20=7,255,251,251,2,255,255,1,255
21=9,254,251,255,2,0,1,0,0
22=9,254,251,255,2,0,1,0,0
23=6,1,254,253,0,255,0,0,0
24=9,254,251,255,2,0,1,0,0

These results are very similar to John Morey's, eg. not much changed
after reversing polarity.

The one line that shows zero's all the way across is the line with our
DSL backup line on it. Is it the filter giving these results or does the
telco take more care balancing lines for DSL?

Shouldn't I have seen a major change of settings after changing polarity
for tip&ring?

regards,

Drew

--