[asterisk-users] Call Transfer

Theodore Patsiouras tpatsiouras at gmail.com
Sat Jun 7 01:24:26 CDT 2008

Hello all

I'ts my first message here although I follow the list for about a month now. I'd like to ask a question because "googling" was not so helpful. Here it is: Is there any way to "transfer" the Incoming CallerID (the one who called my office) when I transfer the call to an internal extension?
The reson I'm asking: I work with an ERP system not made by me. I wrote an external application and "catch" the called ID when the caller rings my internal number (Direct call)....e.g my telephone number is (2810)123456 and ext 54. If I'm called directly the I have the CalledID which is passed to the app and I raise an event to the ERP system to show me the details of the caller (name, etc).
If my secretary or anyone else picks up the call when the line is transferred in my ext then I have the internal caller ID. Can I have somehow the External callerID?

Thank you very much in advance...

Theodore
Greece