[asterisk-users] Default ringtone

Brent Davidson brent at texascountrytitle.com
Thu Jun 5 16:37:03 CDT 2008

Correct me if I'm wrong, but unless you pass specific options to the
dial command to have it override the ringing then when you dial out, you
hear the audio from whatever channel you're dialing on.  So the tones
you are hearing are from the telco.  The ring cadences defined in
indications.conf are used when Asterisk is ringing a phone connected to
an FXS channel.

-Brent