[asterisk-users] fxotune question

Drew Gibson drew at oanda.com
Thu Jun 5 09:17:49 CDT 2008

Tilghman Lesher wrote:
> On Wednesday 04 June 2008 22:02:19 John Morey wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I've run fxotune at different times but continue to get what seem to be
>> strange numbers in /etc/fxotune.conf.  It ends up with:
>>
>>     5=7,255,251,251,2,255,255,1,255
>>     6=7,255,251,251,2,255,255,1,255
>>     7=7,255,251,251,2,255,255,1,255
>>     8=9,2,250,253,4,252,0,255,255
>>     9=4,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
>>     10=5,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
>>     11=0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
>>     12=0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
>> ports 5-10 have lines hooked up to them.  The first four lines seem strange
>> when compaired to what others have posted and what ports 9 and 10 have.
>>
>> Also if I'm reading things right my echo ratios seem to be very
>> high.  Running "fxotune -d -b 5 -w 1004" gives the following:
>>     Dumping module /dev/zap/5
>>     echo ratio = 0.1759 (1960.0 / 11145.0)
>> Which I read to be over 17%.  This seems crazy.  Am I reading this right?
>> Where should I start to look for problems?
>>

> You might check to see if the tip and ring are reversed in your wiring.  That
> can frequently cause weird echo problems.

Which ports would you expect to be reversed? 5-8 or 9-10?

I have similar settings in my fxotune.conf for a TDM2400P and I'm
getting complaints of "static" on the line that I suspect are related to
an overtaxed h/w echo canceller

My fxotune.conf:-

13=7,255,251,251,2,255,255,1,255
14=9,254,251,255,2,0,1,0,0