[asterisk-users] Default ringtone

Adrian Marsh Adrian.Marsh at ubiquisys.com
Thu Jun 5 08:58:17 CDT 2008

Hi All,

I've trying to force on the ringtone generated for outbound calls with
Dial,r   but want the tone to be the UK standard.

I use Zaptel, but don't have any E1/T1 cards at all (am completely IP
based). So I don't think zaptel.conf will come into this (am I right??)

I've tried editing zapel.conf anyway, and changed loadzone and
defaultzone to =uk

I've read through zapara.conf, but cant see a ringtone definition in
there.

Despite these changes and a restart of zaptel and asterisk via
/etc/init.d, I still hear a US ringing sound.

So what did I miss?

Also,  is it possible to generate different ringtones based on dialplan?
Eg, if I dial out to a UK number, use the UK ring, but for US use a US
one ?

In the past I've tried using playtone(), but that stops immediately that
the our IP-carrier picks up the call.

Thanks,

Adrian