[asterisk-users] init.d script no longer uses safe_asterisk

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Thu Jun 5 04:54:52 CDT 2008

On Thu, Jun 05, 2008 at 03:02:28AM +1000, Rob Hillis wrote:
> I believe Ubuntu is in the process of migrating from sysvinit to
> Upstart.  Upstart is supposed to be capable of monitoring services to
> ensure they don't fail, so I suspect this is likely to be the reason
> behind the safe_asterisk script not being used.

upstart can fall back to use init.d scripts.

The init.d script of the ubuntu package (and of the Debian one. IIRC
it's the same) behaves IMHO better in the presence of safe_asterisk,
generates the run dir with proper permissions if it doesn't exist, etc.

I'd recommend that you use it rather than the current one from the
Asterisk package.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com