[asterisk-users] What do I Copy to Migrate to New Machine?

Mik Cheez michael_bulk at wildgate.com
Tue Jun 3 18:46:52 CDT 2008

rsync works really well to sync files via SSH

You can do something like this:

rsync -lrvt {source machine IP}:/etc/asterisk .
rsync -lrvt {source machine IP}:/var/lib/asterisk .
rsync -lrvt {source machine IP}:/var/spool/asterisk .

description of switches:
l = keep symlinks
r = recursive
v = verbose
t = keep timestamps

This will sync the /etc/asterisk, /var/lib/asterisk and
/var/spool/asterisk directories from the source machine into whatever
the CURRENT directory is.

Then if you want to copy only updated files, throw in the 'u' flag

u = skip files newer on the source box

If you want to set up a batch process, I recommend setting up a key
exchange between boxes to avoid having to use passwords