[asterisk-users] Any reason to *not* use AEL? (Also, MixMonitor q)

James Sneeringer jsneerin at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 17:52:05 CDT 2008

On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 8:21 AM, Jay Moore <jaymoore at accu-com.com> wrote:
> I am building a new Asterisk server here at the office, and I'm
> wondering if there are any downsides to creating my dialplan with AEL.
> It seems more intuitive (to me), but I'm not sure if there are any
> pitfalls I need to be aware of first.

We use AEL exclusively here. We run a small call center with both
inbound queues and outbound sales calls. All told around 3000 calls a
day flow through the system; some inbound, some outbound, some
extension to extension.

No pitfalls that I'm aware of, other than all of the NoOp's it
generates. This leads to a very busy CLI if you run at verbosity level
3 or higher.

-James