[asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.4.20.1 with bad gsm file playback

Todd Reese treese65 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 10:12:58 CDT 2008

Hi All,

I'm stumped on this and I looking for some clues to fix this.

This is a new install of Slackware 12.1  onto an IBM x330 Server.

Asterisk 1.4.20.1 plays the wav files and the Cepstral_Allison Swift just
fine, but when I play the gsm files the audio quite choppy.  And, the files
produced from the MixMonitor don't even record any audio other than noise.

I have a hard drive from a previous install of Slackware 12.0 and Asterisk
~1.4.18 that I've swapped out and everything runs fine.  Also, I've got an
x335 with Asterisk 1.4.19 that is also running just fine.

Any clues where to start looking to resolve this?

Best regards,

Todd Reese