[asterisk-users] Any reason to *not* use AEL? (Also, MixMonitor q)

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Tue Jun 3 10:11:46 CDT 2008

On Tue, Jun 03, 2008 at 09:03:16AM -0500, Sherwood McGowan wrote:

> In order to easier see
> what the compiler puts out, I asked Steve to add the -w option to
> AELPARSE which writes a file (extensions.conf.aeldump) which is . much
> easier to read than doing a "dialplan show [context]".

So do you think that it would be nice to have Asterisk dump the dialplan
in extensions.conf format? e.g. if there were a command such as
'dialplan dump [context]'?

This would allow you to dump the dialplan from a running asterisk using
'asterisk -rx', which is now actually more reliable.

extensions.conf does not show the extra "source" column that 'dialplan show'
has.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com