[asterisk-users] New faxing protocol. Good/Bad ?

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Tue Jun 3 09:03:23 CDT 2008

Benny Amorsen wrote:
> Steve Underwood <steveu at coppice.org> writes:
>

>> Then look at T.37, and see if that better suits your needs.
>>

> T.37 is a really nice protocol, and it's supported by many devices.
> However, none of them keep the simplicity of normal faxing when doing
> T.37 -- I haven't found a fax which can be configured to do T.37 for
> ALL outgoing faxes while keeping the normal "user interface" that
> people expect.

I agree that T.37 is a sane was to FAX in the 21st century. However, I
wouldn't say it was widely supported. Even most things that do FAX-email
integration don't follow T.37 properly. The only mass market FAX
machines I know where T.37 comes as standard are the Brother
multi-function machines. I think T.37 is sadly under supported.

Steve