[asterisk-users] Any reason to *not* use AEL? (Also, MixMonitor q)

Jay Moore jaymoore at accu-com.com
Tue Jun 3 08:21:48 CDT 2008

I am building a new Asterisk server here at the office, and I'm
wondering if there are any downsides to creating my dialplan with AEL.
It seems more intuitive (to me), but I'm not sure if there are any
pitfalls I need to be aware of first.

We use this for internal extensions, 8 pots lines, and our answering
service which gets about 500 incoming calls a day down our T1.

Also, one more quick question too:  Currently I'm using MixMonitor to
record incoming calls.  The problem, however, is once calls are
transferred, recording stops.  Is it possible to keep recording after a
call is transferred, and if so, how?

Thanks in advance,
Jay