[asterisk-users] Help with E1s

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Tue Jun 3 07:52:56 CDT 2008

On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 8:45 AM, Tzafrir Cohen <tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 03, 2008 at 05:33:17PM +0500, Rizwan Hisham wrote:
>>  span=4,4,1,esf,b8zs
>>
>> What does this statement do. What do different values separated by comma
>> mean.
>
> That is generally explained in the zaptel.conf.sample in the zaptel
> source tree.
> http://docs.tzafrir.org.il/#_span_configuration
>
>> Also the last option "b8zs", i read about it that it is only used in
>> T1s, so if i use E1 then what should i put there. I read somewhere that E1
>> uses HDB3 instead of B8ZS. Is this write?
>
> span=4,4,1,ccs,hdb3,crc4
>
> --
>               Tzafrir Cohen
> icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
> +972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
> http://www.xorcom.com  iax:guest at local.xorcom.com/tzafrir

Go to www.voip-info.org and read.....

I was giving you an example generated by genzaptelconf for a T1, I am
assuming that if you set the jumpers on the board to E1 or it is an E1
card, genzaptelconf will create the appropriate settings.  I know the
Sangoma scripts do.

If you have issues with your setup, sometimes crc4 can cause issues.
The LED on the card flashes from greed to red quickly was the symptom
I found.

Thanks,
Steve Totaro