[asterisk-users] Zaptel project being renamed to DAHDI

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Mon Jun 2 16:45:47 CDT 2008

On Mon, Jun 02, 2008 at 04:30:42PM -0400, Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 01, 2008 at 08:21:21PM -0500, Russell Bryant wrote:
> > 1) removing some extremely old digium hardware drivers that nobody uses
>
> Nobody is a *really* small number.

So let's check what these are.

Two drivers were deprecated: wcusb and torisa. wcusb is a driver from a
device Digium used to produce: the S100U, which is a single-port FXS USB
device.

I have not heard of any recent clone of that. I do not recall any actual
"support" question about such a device in the asterisk lists or IRC
channels. It could be that some of Digium's customers still have them,
but then this is Digium's problem. Do you have one?

Next is torisa. This is the driver to the original Tormanta (sp?) card
of the Zapata Telephony project. An impressive (for the time) dual-span
ISA card.

The driver torisa was accidentally boken on the transission from 1.4.7
to 1.4.8 . I think it was only fixed on 1.4.9 . There were some bug
reports about similar problems with tor2, but not a single report about
torisa.

IIRC there were some previous occasions where either that driver or its
utilities were broken and not a single bug report was filed.

So if someone has such a card, then as far as I'm concerened, they can
go to ...

Zaptel 1.2 (which remain in bug-fix mode and still has those two
drivers).

Fair enough?

--
               Tzafrir Cohen