[asterisk-users] ast_compile_ael2: Warning: file /etc/asterisk/extensions.ael, line 932-932: Empty Extension!

Philipp Kempgen philipp.kempgen at amooma.de
Mon Jun 2 15:15:18 CDT 2008

On starting Asterisk (1.4) I get a whole bunch of
WARNING[5858]: pbx_ael.c:4040 ast_compile_ael2: Warning: file /etc/asterisk/extensions.ael, line 932-932: Empty Extension!

I find it a bit disturbing that this message has a level of WARNING
(instead of NOTICE maybe) because the extensions in question are
empty on purpose. The only reason they exist are the hints.

hint(SIP/3000) 3000 => {}
hint(SIP/4000) 4000 => {}

All the "real" dialplan stuff is in
_Z. => {
	// do something ...
}

Maybe the error level should be lowered so the user is not mislead
into thinking something was broken?
Or is there a way to do it which does not trigger the warnings?

Grüße,
Philipp Kempgen
--
http://www.das-asterisk-buch.de  -  http://www.the-asterisk-book.com