[asterisk-users] Realtime SIP registration for multiple Asterisk servers

Atis Lezdins atis at iq-labs.net
Mon Jun 2 06:53:58 CDT 2008

On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 2:11 PM, Mindaugas Kezys <mkezys at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We are building solution from multiple Asterisk servers. They are using
> Realtime. Servers can be added dynamically over GUI.
>
> Each server can register to different provider/carrier over SIP.
>
> Question would be: how to make it work using pure Realtime - without editing
> .conf files?
>
> We can't use same sip.conf in the Realtime database because servers register
> to different provider/carriers and for other server-specific options
> (externip/etc).
>
> That could be possible if only 1 Aserisk server would be in the system. What
> to do with many Asterisk servers?
>
> Is here any workaround to get registration work with different servers using
> only Realtime?

Hi Mindaugas,

well, unfortunately there is no way how to add "register" entries in
realtime. Main problem behind this is that those entries are read on
asterisk startup and if You would want to add some peer dynamically,
Asterisk would need to get notified about this.

Only solution that could work is generating "register =>" entries from
database by custom script in "#exec" (i suppose You have to enable
execincludes in asterisk.conf). So, upon start or reload of chan_sip
asterisk will execute your script, which would return correct
providers. So, after adding provider dynamically, You would need to
reload chan_sip.

If you would be interested in developing some kind of mechanism to
allow reading "register" entries from realtime, I could assist You in
some way, as this would be useful to me too, but specification of this
should be first discussed within asterisk-dev.

Regards,
Atis

--
Atis Lezdins,