[asterisk-users] How to limit extension to allow only internal calls

Rizwan Hisham rizwanhasham at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 04:59:19 CDT 2008

There is another easier and interesting thing you can do in extensions.conf
to restrict specific dialinmg codes for specific users.

suppose your internal extensions are 4 digits long. your service phones have
did 1111, 1112, 1113.here is the dialplan for all of your phones including
service phones:

[hotel]
;for all other phones
exten=> _1XXXXXXXXXX,1,Dial(${external})
exten=> _011.,1,Dial(${internaltional})
exten=> _XXXX,1,Dial(${internal})

;for service phones
exten=> _1XXXXXXXXXX/1111,1,hangup
exten=> _1XXXXXXXXXX/1112,1,hangup
exten=> _1XXXXXXXXXX/1113,1,hangup
exten=> _1XXXXXXXXXX/1114,1,hangup

exten=> _011./1111,1,hangup
exten=> _011./1112,1,hangup
exten=> _011./1113,1,hangup
exten=> _011./1114,1,hangup

if you dont want to define separate context for every person you can match
his did just like above. This way whenever service phones try to dial a
local or international number they will hangup instead and all other phones
will be able to dialout. try it

On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 2:00 AM, DEVEL STAROSTA <devel at starosta.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm playing with asterisk and I try to make system for my sister hotel
> with aprox. 40 extensions (30 rooms, 1 reception, 2 office, 4 services
> phones on each floor). I.ve installed latest version of trixbox (for
> GUI) but I made manual modifications.
> This is actual server:
> - n.1 Pci card with 2 x FXO + 2 x FXS
> - n. 2 Trunk to outside (my local Voip provider + 1 PSTN)
> I've buyed also 50 telephones from ATCOM (IP530), make all
> configurations and now seems all work fine, I can make calls (outside,
> inside) make transfer, ecc.
>
> My problem:
> I have 4 services phones (each per floor) which must be able to make
> only internal calls (not external - no PSTN nor VOiP provider), I've
> just look about solution in Google, mailing list, I can't find solution,
> please can someone give me an idea ?
> NB: sorry for my english ... ;)
>
> Alberto

Best Regards