[asterisk-users] Calling '**1' through Asterisk

Rob Hillis rob at hillis.dyndns.org
Sun Jun 1 18:50:36 CDT 2008

Not a bug at all.  "." as a pattern match means "1 or more digits" - so
your pattern match means ** followed by a digit between 0 and 9,
followed by one or more digits.  Removing the "." means that you then
match **, followed by a digit between 0 and 9.

If you want to match ** followed by a digit between 1 and 9, followed by
zero or more digits, the use the extension pattern "_**X!".  X matches
any digit from 0-9, so your pattern match is unnecessary.  ! matches
zero or more digits.