[asterisk-users] IAX2 hardware video phone

Michael Graves mgraves at mstvp.com
Sun Jun 1 09:49:01 CDT 2008

On Sat, 31 May 2008 23:47:50 -0400, Steve Totaro wrote:

>Question for Michael Graves (or anyone that can answer), I have two
>big boxes of old HP thin clients.  What do you do to recycle them?

Steve,

Nothing really. Perhaps "rescue" is the better term.

A friend of mine used to work at a major broacast firm who was
decommissioning a system that used these items. Their corp IT policy
was to pay Dell to recycle anythign PC related. We merely saved tham
that expense.

In the case where the systems boot image had been modified by adding
licensed software it would be good to flash them back to their original
state just to be legal.

I had a dozen of these at one time. They make great little embedded
systems for Asterisk, m0n0wall, NTP servers, NAS hosts for backup, etc.
I've noticed that when available on Ebay they always fetch a decent
price, so demand is constant.

Michael
--
Michael Graves