[asterisk-users] AMI able to call from known endpoint to unknown endpoint?

Stephen Cattaneo Stephen.Cattaneo at u4eatech.com
Thu Jul 31 19:28:42 CDT 2008

Hi I am new to asterisk and to the AMI.

I have been automating calls using the AMI's originate, this has been
working fine for me.  I have been calling from one end point registered
with the asterisk to another endpoint registered with the asterisk.

Now I want to be able to call from a known extension to an unknown
extension (from the point of the asterisk).

I have two SIP phones with userids: 3001 and 3002.

Both are sitting behind a Linksys IP PBX (SPA9000).  On the Linksys IP
PBX I have set the outside number 5000 to connect to 3001.  3002 does
not have a similar external mapping (this would defeat the purpose of
the test I am attempting).

By telling asterisk to use 5000, I can call to 3001 from other asterisk
extensions.  Similarly I can call from 3001 to other asterisk
extensions, by again telling asterisk to use 5000.

I want to call from 5000/3001 to 3002.  If I manually dial 3002 from
5000/3001, 3001 and 3002 will become connected.

Is it possible (and if yes, how can I do this) to use the AMI's
"originate" to call from 5000 to 3001?

Something like:
channel=SIP/5000
exten = 3001