[asterisk-users] Panasonic Door phone monitor to Asterisk box?

Steve Prior sprior at geekster.com
Thu Jul 31 16:15:40 CDT 2008

I'm considering getting a Panasonic video door phone system (VL-GM301A)
which can interface with a PBX and would like to connect it to my
Asterisk box with an analog FXS port.  Of course the Panasonic
documentation only talks about hooking it up to a Panasonic PBX which
only talks about using Panasonic phones, so it's hard to tell whether
the 2 wire connection from the door phone monitor is analog or digital.
  The video door phone itself hooks to the door phone monitor with a 2
conductor wire, so that part is clearly digital since video, audio, and
button press all go through that wire, but since the door phone central
station apparently plugs into a Panasonic PBX FXS port which possibly
supports fax machines I'm thinking that this might be an ordinary analog
connection.

Does anyone know if the door phone interface is analog or digital?
Anyone have experience with interfacing with one?

Thanks
Steve