[asterisk-users] Asterisk Realtime still reads from .conf files

Rob Hillis rob at hillis.dyndns.org
Thu Jul 31 10:12:43 CDT 2008

J.M. wrote:
> I've followed the instructions here
> (http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+RealTime) and other places,
> however, Asterisk still reads information from the .conf files.  How
> can I get Asterisk to read from the database and not from the .conf files?
>
> I realize the information above is sparse, but I do not know what
> other information is relevant.

Asterisk will /always/ read from the config files, even if you have
RealTime configured.  To the best of my knowledge, you can't disable
Asterisk reading the .conf files, though this shouldn't be a problem -
just leave the .conf files empty of configuration.  When RealTime is
configured, Asterisk will use /both/ data sources.