[asterisk-users] Recommend Bluetooth adapters for chan_mobile?

Paul Chambers asterisk at lists.bod.org
Tue Jul 29 14:12:35 CDT 2008

I've been experimenting with chan_mobile, and am finding it's less than
reliable using the bargain-basement class 2 USB adapter I had lying around.

I've seen good reports in various posts around the 'net, and suspect if
I were to get a better USB adapter (two, actually - two phones) then I'd
see better results. I think it'll need to be class 1 (100m range) rather
than class 2 (10m range) because of the layout of my home (it's not big,
just a few walls in the way).

Googling didn't turn up a lot of useful information, except a common
recommendation to use CSR-based adapters - but little (current) info on
which adapters are (my current one isn't).

Can anyone share their experiences and specific recommendations for
Bluetooth USB adapters to use with chan_mobile? (available in the United
States).

Any other sage advice for getting the most from chan_mobile?

Thanks in advance,

Paul

(Fedora 9, with bluez 3.32 and asterisk 1.6.0-0.17.beta9 versions of
asterisk and asterisk-mobile RPMs installed)