[asterisk-users] Need help with implementing prepaid in asterisk

Rizwan Hisham rizwanhasham at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 05:13:29 CDT 2008

You can calculate users remaining minutes according to his remaining balance
and then set the Absolute timeout for his every outgoing call using
the Timeout(absolute)
= X <http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/index.php?page=Asterisk+func+timeout>variable.
This will hangup the call after X seconds
And if there users balance is in negative or zero then just bypass the dial
statement in your dialplan and land on Hangup or Playback before hangup to
let the user know why his call is not being connected.

All of these changes you have to make in extensions.conf

On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 11:59 AM, Ian Coetzee <asterisk at iancoetzee.za.net>wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I am trying to implement a prepaid dialing system on our asterisk box. I
> however have a few questions I need to ask. I have written a simple script
> in php to do all the billing.
>
>    1. What do I need to user to cut off the users in mid call
>    2. What do I need to insert into my dialplan to deny a user to call
>
> if you need any config files I will send them, seeing as I dont know what
> files to send.
>
> If you can point me to a howto I will be more gratefull.
>
> Regards
> Ian

Best Regards
Rizwan Hisham