[asterisk-users] Newbie in China: Red alaram in Zaptel for E1

Lee, John (Sydney) John.Lee at compuware.com
Tue Jul 29 01:23:29 CDT 2008

> I think it can't hurt to try a different release. Let me know how it
goes.

Thanks Igor.
I just upgraded zaptel to 1.4.11.

However, I am still seeing red in the alarm in zttool and the LED on
port 1 also shows red.
cat /proc/zaptel/1 is also showing
Span 1: TE4/0/1 "T4XXP (PCI) Card 0 Span 1" (MASTER) HDB3/CCS/CRC4 RED
           1 TE4/0/1/1 Clear RED
           2 TE4/0/1/2 Clear RED

Zaptel started up fine and dmesg below does not show the error message.

I am just wondering whether this China E1 could be using MFC R/2?
How do I know it is?

Stopped TE4XXP, Turned off DMA
TE4XXP: Disabling interrupts since there are no active spans
Unregistered Tormenta2
Registered Tormenta2 PCI
Found TE4XXP at base address fc4ffc00, remapped to f89f4c00
TE4XXP version c01a016a, burst ON
Octasic optimized!
FALC version: 00000005, Board ID: 00
Reg 0: 0x35fe0400
Reg 1: 0x35fe0000
Reg 2: 0xffffffff
Reg 3: 0x00000000
Reg 4: 0x00000101
Reg 5: 0x00000000
Reg 6: 0xc01a016a
Reg 7: 0x00001100
Reg 8: 0x010200ff
Reg 9: 0x00fd0001
Reg 10: 0x0000004a
TE4XXP: Launching card: 0
TE4XXP: Setting up global serial parameters
Found a Wildcard: Wildcard TE410P (4th Gen)
usbcore: registered new driver wcusb
Wildcard USB FXS Interface driver registered
About to enter spanconfig!
Done with spanconfig!
About to enter startup!
TE4XXP: Span 1 configured for CCS/HDB3/CRC4
timing source auto card 0!
wct4xxp: Setting yellow alarm on span 1
timing source auto card 0!
SPAN 1: Primary Sync Source
VPM400: Not Present
VPM450: echo cancellation for 128 channels
VPM450: hardware DTMF disabled.
VPM450: Present and operational servicing 4 span(s)
Completed startup!