[asterisk-users] Slow Playback of Recorded Files

Deric Page Deric.Page at nisc.coop
Mon Jul 28 14:04:34 CDT 2008

OS:  CentOS 5.2
Asterisk:  1.4

I use NeoSpeech to do TTS recording.  When I play back the files in
Asterisk, the playback seems to be at about half-speed or less.
However, when I play them through totem, xmms or other audio
applications they sound fine.  I've tried recording in 8-bit Mu-law PCM
and OGG.  Other formats I have tried (16-bit linear PCM, 8-bit alaw,
16-bit linear PCM wave, 8-bit unsigned linear wave, etc) haven't played
well at all (either not playing or producing static).  Is there a
generally known cause for slow audio playback?

Thanks,

--
Deric Page
deric.page at nisc.coop