[asterisk-users] TDM400P FXO not seeing ringing after software update

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Mon Jul 28 03:58:45 CDT 2008

A customer has an Asterisk box with two TDM400P cards, running A at H 2.8,
which has Asterisk 1.2.7.1 and Zaptel 1.2.5. This has been running ok
for a while, with only some small issues. They have FXO ports going
to analogue POTS (UK standard) lines, and SIP phones for extensions.

I just tried updating Zaptel to 1.2.26 and Asterisk to 1.2.30.1, and
although the update appeared to go ok, the system would no longer
detect incoming calls. It appeared not to see the ringing signal.
Outgoing calls over the PSTN lines still worked fine.

Does anyone know if there have been changes in the 1.2 series that
affects ring detection on the TDM400P FXO ports? Any critical settings
in zaptel.conf or zapata.conf?

For now, I've had to revert to the original versions, in which ringing
once again works fine.

Cheers
Tony
--