[asterisk-users] Using manager originate and Dial() once inside dialplan

Ron McCarthy ronmccar at gmail.com
Sat Jul 26 10:34:18 CDT 2008

Hi List,

We are trying to make a click 2 call button, we have a PHP script that
passes the 1st phone number of the 1st leg to a manager script, that then
dials the 1st call, then the 2nd call gets placed inside of Asterisk using a
normal dial command. Problem is, we get no status codes, we cannot see if
their was a hangup, a answer anything, and also once the callers hangs up,
it's killed and cannot execute more commands any dial plan. Any advice on
what to do? Is their another way to start a call but from the CLI or
something, we just want to dial part 1, if they pick up/press 1 then it
dials part 2, then they bridge the call, pretty easy I would think

Any help would be great!