[asterisk-users] Need Help Regarding Asterisk

Preetish Kakkar preetish.kakkar at successivesoftwares.com
Sat Jul 26 05:51:15 CDT 2008

Hi,    I need a bit of help regarding setting up asterisk. I am trying to
setup a simple PBX for a small office we have. We just need 4 extensions. I
would like to spent as less as possible.

The below are possible solutions i can think off.

 1.) I use a Digium Card and connect my PSTN line to the asterisk server.
Asterisk would then forward the call to particular extension according to
whatever user presses. The extensions would be another set up of analog
telephone which would receive the call forward by asterisk. What else
(HardWare) i would need except asterisk and digium card...?

2.) I use the digium card and connect my PSTN line to asterisk server. Then
it forward calls to 4 pc's (ip addr)  which has some kind of software
installer (soft phone)  and it shows like some call is coming and user can
recieve call and talk using headphone.. Again what else i need..?

Thanks, Preeteesh