[asterisk-users] Slightly Off Topic: Cisco & Premisys Slimline

Norman Franke norman at myasd.com
Fri Jul 25 17:51:01 CDT 2008

Has anyone got a Premisys Slimline channel bank working with a Cisco
AS5400 or similar?

I'm not sure if my unit is bad, or what. I'm using FXS Loop Start.
Calling the port connects immediately without ringing the attached
phone. If I pick up the phone, it's connected and I can talk to the
caller. Hanging up has no effect. I can see the bit transitions (0101
to 1111 when I go off hook), but no dial tone. My config is:

controller T1 7/1
  framing esf
  linecode b8zs
  cablelength short 133
  ds0-group 0 timeslots 1 type fxs-loop-start
  ds0-group 1 timeslots 2 type fxs-loop-start
  ds0-group 2 timeslots 3 type fxs-loop-start
  ds0-group 3 timeslots 4 type fxs-loop-start
  ds0-group 4 timeslots 5 type fxs-loop-start
  ds0-group 5 timeslots 6 type fxs-loop-start
  ds0-group 6 timeslots 7 type fxs-loop-start
  ds0-group 7 timeslots 8 type fxs-loop-start
  ds0-group 8 timeslots 9 type fxs-loop-start
  ds0-group 9 timeslots 10 type fxs-loop-start
  ds0-group 10 timeslots 11 type fxs-loop-start
  ds0-group 11 timeslots 12 type fxs-loop-start

The cisco then sends calls to Asterisk, and that part works great from
a PRI.

Norman Franke
Answering Service for Directors, Inc.
www.myasd.com