[asterisk-users] IAX to work on two ports: 4569 and 4570

bilal ghayyad bilmar_gh at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 25 10:58:28 CDT 2008

The reason that I need to do this is:

I will have two Asterisk PBX's, and I need both of them to use same Internet (so both of them will be behind NAT under same DSL router), in that case, how I will distinguish on the router the calls that need to be send for box A and the calls that need to send for box B?

Asterisk C will be in remote side, and will communicate with Asterisk A and B, so I was look to have two ports on for IAX to be running on Asterisk C, for example: 4569 and 4570, so when box C need to talk with box A, then it sends via 4569 and when it needs to talk with box B then it sends via 4570 port, and DSL router does the routing based on these ports.

Is there any other solution?

I do not need to use VPN :) -

Regards
Bilal

-----------------------
Why would you need to to that anyway?

Just set them to one port, but use different contexts to handle the
inbound traffic differently.

Adrian

On Friday 25 July 2008 05:53:38 bilal ghayyad wrote:
> How to let my Asterisk work able to deal with two kind of IAX
channels, one
> work on 4569 and one work on 4570 and able to receive and send calls
on
> these two UDP ports, depends on the destination.

There really isn't any good way.  The IAX2 channel will only bind to a
single
port.  You could start a secondary Asterisk server on the same machine
and
pass traffic through, or you could use firewalling rules to divert from
port
4570 to 4569.

--
Tilghman