[asterisk-users] Implementing an Asterisk Server behinda MeridianNorstar

David Cook dbc_asterisk at advan.ca
Thu Jul 24 15:42:42 CDT 2008

>Steve,

>Lots of good info! So if I put a T1 card in an Asterisk Server, and a T1
card in the Norstar

>How does a user on the Norstar dial "221" and reach a voip only user
connected to asterisk via

>ip only? That assumes as you mentioned new users are added as voip users in
the future?

Have the Norstar programmer send all 3 digit, unused extensions to the PRI.
Then Asterisk will see 221, etc. and can handle at your dialplan sees fit.

Retaining all NXXXXXX, NXXNXXXXXX, 1NXXNXXXXXX etc to the standard treatment
they receive now.

--- dbc.